Full-time IT Systems Administrator
Washington Terrace, Utah
Full-time (40 Hours)
In this position you will be responsible for network administration, configuration, security, and management. Assumes responsibility for monitoring and maintaining systems, effectively managing backups, SAN, and virtualized environments, and administering and maintaining group policies. Provides technical support to Information Technology personnel as needed in accordance with Credit Union established policies and procedures.
5167 Adams Ave
Washington Terrace, Utah 84405
Monday through Friday normal business hours, flexible. On call evenings and weekends for emergency job related issues, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To be effective in this position an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully in a collaborative and self-driven environment.
• Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional completion of assigned Systems Administrator functions within a complex, multi-site, 24/7/365 Data Center Environment
• Monitors and maintains all systems and Server related functions
• Effectively customizes third party software to meet the Credit Union's information needs
• Works with external vendors/ consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolutions
• Troubleshoots, performs root cause analysis, and identifies and isolates technical issues
• Performs and validates system backups and recovery
• Manages active directory and group policies
• Provides tier 3 level technical support for application related problems
• Completes IT functions in accordance with established Credit Union policies and legal requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The essential duties listed for this position are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to complete the job at an effective level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
5 or more years’ experience in a 24/7/365 Data Center environment. Demonstrable, hands-on experience with Data Center Infrastructure, supporting multiple locations for Operational and Disaster Recovery objectives. Experience with Microsoft Core technologies a must. Experience with Citrix, Nutanix, VMWare and EMC strongly desired. Experience with Symitar’s Episys and Symitar related products preferred.
Bachelor's or associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, preferred. Information technology training or certifications considered, if combined with experience.
Physical Abilities & Working Conditions
Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently. Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionally. Close vision as clear vision at 20 inches or less, and distance vision as clear vision at 20 feet or more. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Moderate noise such as business office with computers and printers, and light traffic.
How to ApplyApply Now
USU Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be subject to a credit and background check to determine employment eligibility.