To better keep track of pending check transactions on your account, you can manually enter a check transaction directly into your transaction history. For example, if you have a rent payment that you have just mailed off but you would like to see what your projected account balance is before the check clears your account, you can enter the check in your account now.
To add a manual check transaction, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Accounts” tab at the top of the screen to view the “Account Summary” screen.
- Find the account for which you would like to add the transaction.
- Click on the name of the account to view the “Transaction History” screen.
- In the area just above the list of transactions, there is a link labeled “Add Check”. Click on that link.
- Enter the date of the transaction in the “Date” field.
- Enter the check number in the “Check Number” field.
- Enter the name of the payee in the “Payee” field.
- Enter the amount of the transaction in the “Amount” field.
- Click the “Save” button.
The check transaction will appear at the top of the list of transactions. The projected balance will appear in the column furthest to the right.
Once the check clears your account, you should delete the manual check transaction by clicking on the square icon with a red circle in the corner located to the left of the transaction details.