To better keep track of pending transactions on your account, you can manually enter transactions directly into your transaction history. For example, if you have a payment that you know will clear your account in a few days but you would like to see your projected balance as if that payment had already cleared, you can add that payment manually.
To add a manual transaction, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Accounts” tab at the top of the screen to view the “Account Summary” screen.
- Find the account for which you would like to add the transaction.
- Click on the name of the account to view the “Transaction History” screen.
- In the area just above the list of transactions, there is a link labeled “Add Transaction”. Click on that link.
- Enter the date of the transaction in the “Date” field.
- Describe the transaction in the “Description” field (i.e. “House payment”)
- Enter the amount of the transaction in the “Amount” field.
- Click the “Save” button.
The transaction will appear at the top of the list of transactions. The projected balance will appear in the column furthest to the right.
Once the transaction clears your account, you should delete the transaction by clicking on the square icon with a red circle in the corner located to the left of the transaction details.