If the Account Summary screen is showing the Assets and Liabilities, you can add an asset or liability by clicking on the “Click to add” link in that section of the screen.
If you don’t see the “Assets and Liabilities” section on the Account Summary screen, click on the “Options” menu in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and choose Show Assets and Liabilities.
Another way to add an asset or liability is to be on the Account Summary screen and choose “Account Details” from the menu on the left. Then click on the “Assets & Liabilities” menu option. Finally, click on the green circle icon with a white “+” symbol that is located in the upper right-hand corner of the “My Assets and Liabilities” page.
No matter which way you get to the “Add Asset or Liability” screen, once you are there you can add an asset or liability by following these steps:
- Enter the name of the asset or liability in the “Name” field. A name could be something like “House” or “Wedding Ring” if it is an asset or “Mortgage” or “Car Loan” if it is a liability.
- Click on the round button next to “Asset” if it is an asset or “Liability” if it is a liability.
- Type the value of the asset or liability.
Tip: If you are entering a liability, you do not need to enter a negative value. Just enter the value of the loan, etc. It will be switched to a negative value when you add it.
- Enter any notes about the asset or liability. You could describe it or even enter important information like serial numbers or other identifying information. You are not required to enter a note if you do not want to.
- If you choose to, you can enter tags to better describe or categorize the asset or liability. Tags are used to find your asset or liability if you have a large list of assets. You can use the “Search” feature at the top of the “My Assets and Liabilities” screen to search for the tag. An example of a tag might be “insurance” if you are entering an insurance policy.
- Press the “Save” button.
The asset or liability will now appear in the list.