Indicated below are types of Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for the transactions listed. You should keep this notice for future reference.
Preauthorized credits. You may make arrangements for certain direct deposits (such as Social Security and railroad retirement) to be accepted into your checking or savings account(s).
Preauthorized payments. You may make arrangements to pay certain recurring bills from your checking or savings account(s).
Electronic check or draft conversion - types of transfers - Your check or draft can result in an electronic funds transfer. This can happen in several ways. For example:
Home Access Telephone Transfers - types of transfers - You may access your account by telephone 24 hours a day at 435-753-4080 or 800-248-6361 using your personal identification number, a touch tone phone, your account numbers, and your transaction code listing, to:
ATM Transfers - types of transfers and dollar limitations - You may access your account(s) by ATM using your Golden Access Card and personal identification number or Debit Card and personal identification number, to:
Some of these services may not be available at all terminals
Types of Golden Access Card Point-of-Sale Transactions- You may access your checking account(s) to purchase goods (in person), pay for services (in person), and get cash from a merchant, if the merchant permits, or from a participating financial institution.
Point-of-Sale Transactions- dollar limitations- Using your card:
Types of Debit Card Point-of-Sale Transactions- You may access your checking account(s) to purchase goods (in person or by phone), pay for services (in person or by phone), get cash from a merchant, if the merchant permits or from a participating financial institution, and do anything that you can do with a credit card (that a participating merchant will accept with a credit card).
Point-of-Sale Transaction- Using your card:
Home Banking Computer Transfers- types of transfers and charges- You may access your account(s) by computer using software provided by the credit union, to:
Except as indicated elsewhere, we do not charge for these electronic fund transfers.
Call or write us to the telephone number or address in this page in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call.
Please refer to our separate fee schedule for the amount we will charge you for each stop-payment order you give.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION'S LIABILITY
Liability for failure to make transfers. If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
1. If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
2. If you have an overdraft line and the transfer would go over the credit limit.
3. If the automated teller machine where you are making the transfer does not have enough cash.
4. If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
5. If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
6. There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
1. Where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
2. In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as credit bureau or merchant; or
3. In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
4. If you give us written permission.
(a) Consumer Liability. (1) Generally. Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without your permission. (If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without your permission.)
If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
(2) Additional limits on Liability for Debit Card, when used for point-of-sale transactions. Unless you have been grossly negligent or have engaged in fraud, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your lost or stolen Debit Card, when used for point-of-sale transactions, if you report the loss or theft of your card within 2 business days of when you discover the loss or theft of the card. If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days, your liability is the lesser of $50 or the amount of money, property, labor, or services obtained by the unauthorized use before notification to us.
(b) Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this page.
ERROR RESOLUTION NOTICE
In case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers, Call or Write us at the telephone number or address listed in this page, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
(1) Tell us your name and account number (if any).
(2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
(3) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (5 business days for Debit card point-of-sale transactions and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign-initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (5 business days for Debit Card point-of-sale transactions and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before this account is opened.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
USU Credit Union
P.O. BOX 1111
OGDEN, UTAH 84402
Phone: 435-753-4080 or (800) 248-6361
For the purpose of this agreement, our business days are Monday through Friday. Holidays are not included.
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST