Home Equity Line of Credit
With a home equity line of credit (HELOC), you can borrow money against one of your greatest assets... your home.
Much like a credit card, a HELOC gives you the flexibility to pay down your credit line and access funds as you need them.
A HELOC is a convenient and cost-effective option to finance home improvement projects or consolidate debt. You can also access the account to pay for vacations, weddings, college tuition, or whatever else life brings your way.
Benefits of a Home Equity Line of Credit
- APRs for Home equity lines of credit are based on prime rate plus a margin and are determined by your credit.
- Rates as low as 3.50% APR variable
- No Fees or closing costs
- Visa Platinum Card for convenient access to funds
Introductory Rate of 1.50% APRIntroductory rate of 1.50% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) fixed for cash advances of $10,000 or more made between 1/1/2022 through 6/30/2022. Intro rate will be in effect for qualified cash advances until 12/31/2022. Available on qualifying new and existing Cashliner 4 and 5 HELOCs. Following the introductory period, the rate on outstanding balances will revert to a variable rate based on the Wall Street Journal Prime Rate plus or minus the margin stated in your original home equity line of credit agreement. All rates and offers available for a limited time and subject to change without notice. Other restrictions apply. Home equity loans and lines of credit have a maximum variable APR of 18%. As of April 1, 2022, prime rate is 3.50%. APRs for home equity lines of credit are based on prime rate plus a margin, and are determined by your credit and loan to value of the subject property. Consult a tax advisor on tax liability. Fees may apply if closed within 24 months. Equal Housing Lender. NMLS#440574.
as low as
How Do I Draw Funds from an Existing HELOC?
There are several options when it comes to withdrawing your funds from your HELOC.
Advancing Funds from a HELOC via Mobile or Online Banking:
- Log in to your mobile app or online banking
- Click the “Transfers” widget
- In the “From” account field, choose the HELOC loan from which you would like to advance funds.
- In the “To” account field, choose the share in which you would like the funds to be deposited.
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer. You can also choose the transfer date, if you want it to be recurring and add a memo.
- Click “Complete Transfer” to finish.
Advancing Funds from a HELOC via Audio Branch:
- Connect to the audio branch via telephone at 801-621-4550.
- Choose option 2 for transfers.
- Choose option 2 for loan to share transfer.
- Choose option 1 for a transfer within the account, or option 2 to transfer to another account.
- Enter the loan ID of the HELOC from which you would like to advance funds.
- Enter the share ID of the share in which you would like funds to be deposited.
- Enter the amount of the loan advance. Press 1 to process the transaction.
- Current and available balances are given, and a confirmation of the transaction completion. Press option 2 to return to the main transfer menu.
Advancing Funds in a Branch:
- Visit any loan officer to help you complete the transaction.
Advancing Funds Using a HELOC Visa Platinum Card:
- You can use a HELOC Visa Platinum card at any merchant that accepts Visa. Funds will automatically deduct from the HELOC limit when it is used.
- You can also use the card to perform a cash advance at the teller line in a branch, or at an ATM to withdraw funds.
Advancing Funds Using a HELOC Check:
- You can write a check to any merchant that accepts checks, and funds will be automatically deducted from the HELOC limit upon clearing.
Speak with a USU Credit Union Home Loan Expert
Visit with us in person:
Our home loan professionals are available to answer your questions via call, online chat, text, or email from 9 am to 5 pm Monday – Friday and from 9 am to 2 pm on Saturday. In-person consultation hours vary by branch.
***By sending a text message, you consent to receive a text message response from USU Credit Union. Your provider's message and data rates may apply.
Have a USU Credit Union Home Loan Specialist contact you:
Thank you! We have received your information. Someone will contact you soon.
All rates and offers available for a limited time and subject to change without notice. Other restrictions apply. Home equity loans and lines of credit have a maximum variable APR of 18%. Fees may apply if closed within 24 months. Click here for a full list of rates and terms.** ***