Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Save money on healthcare expenses with FLEX
With a Flexible Spending Account, you set aside funds each pay period on a pre-tax basis and them tax-free for qualified expenses. You will pay no federal income or Social Security taxes on your contributions to a FSA.
Qualified FSA expenses include:
- Chiropractic services
- Dental treatments
- Eye glasses
- and more...
Here’s how a FSA works:
- Decide the annual amount you want to contribute to your FSA.
- Your contributions are deducted from each paycheck before federal income and Social Security taxes, and deposited into your FSA.
- Pay for eligible FSA expenses with a FLEX debit card.
- You are reimbursed for your FSA expenses from your FSA account.
- File a claim online or check your account balance at www.mybenefitfunds.com/bmsflex
To open a USU Credit Union FSA, visit any USU Credit Union branch or contact the member contact center at 800-283-4550.