Fraud Detection and Notification
As part of our continuing effort to bring the best technology and service to our members, we are upgrading our Fraud Detection and Notification System.
The new system will provide more immediate attention to notify our members faster when fraud is suspected. The notification portion of the system includes a state-of-the-art automated assistant to help member review transactions and confirm their spending activity on USU Credit Union debit or credit cards.
- The Fraud Monitoring Center may contact you via email, text message, or phone to verify transactions.
- If you receive a text message from the Fraud Monitoring Center, it will include easy instructions to reply.
- Text messages sent by the Fraud Monitoring Center are free of charge for you. If you receive a text message to verify a transaction, and wish to no longer receive this form of communication, simply reply “STOP.”
- The Fraud Monitoring Center will call you from 1-800-417-4592. To respond to a voicemail you have received from the Fraud Monitoring Center, call the same number toll-free.
- Remember to notify the Credit Union before traveling. You can do this using the Card Controls feature of the Goldenwest (USU Credit Union) mobile app, via our Member Contact Center at 1-800-283-4550, or in person at any branch location.
- If you have questions regarding the Credit Union’s fraud monitoring practices or any communication you have received on behalf of the Credit Union, call us at 1-800-283-4550.